Thursday, June 18, 2015

Romeo and Juliet Project: Sonnet from Lady Capulet's POV

A day that once was bright has now turned black
For my dear daughter has gone from this earth
Many hours I wish I could get back
For she was my star ever since her birth.

My husband, cruel and strict as he may be
Only wanted what's best for our love
But married was something she would not be
And now she's in the heavens up above.

Poor Country Paris, he must try to brave
This sea of grief that's jostled up his life
For now, he looks down upon a small grave
A dead body, that should have been his wife.

It's almost impossible not to cry
For without my Juliet, I may die.


In this sonnet, I really wanted to convey how Lady Capulet was feeling in Act 4, when she discovers that Juliet is "dead". Her only daughter is her life, and she becomes so grief stricken when she finds out she is gone. She feels like everything has been taken away from her, and she doesn't know how she will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment